Always wanted to go for a Retreat but too expensive or too far away? Need a break to reconnect yourself with nature? To complete your 2016 resolution list, join us for 2 days 1 night Yoga Nature Eco Retreat in Malaysia 瑜伽与大自然之旅 at Kuala Kubu Bharu on 30 & 31 December 2016. Let’s take your yoga practice out of the studio and into the wild, experience a new level of relaxation.
- Title: Yoga Nature Eco Retreat in Malaysia 瑜伽与大自然之旅
- Date: 30&31 December 2016 (Friday & Saturday)
- Venue: Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor, Malaysia
- Organizer: www.iSpirit.asia
- Partner: Yogavatar New Age Yoga
- Inquiries email: iSpirit.email@example.com
- Inquires contact: +6011 1184 4184 (call only) or +6012 3037022 (call and whatsapp)
Day-1: 30 December 2016 Friday
- 2:00pm Pick Up At “Stesen Komuter Kuala Kubu Baru”
- 3:00pm Warm Welcome Fruits & Tea
- 3:30pm Free & Easy KKB
- 4:45pm Depart To Millenium Park
- 5:30pm New Age Yoga At The Park
- 8:00pm Vegetarian Dinner
- 9:00pm Music & Singing
- 9:30pm Relax & Restorative Yoga
- 10:00pm Rest
Day-2: 31 December 2016 Saturday
- 6:00am Morning Call
- 6:30am Malaysian Breakfast
- 7:30am Depart To Morning Nature Walk
- 8:00am Enjoy Nature Along The Journey
- 9:00am Zenergy Breathing
- 11:00pm Back To Sarang
- 12:00pm Check Out
Chiling Waterfall is one of the most spectacular and impressive waterfalls in Selangor. To get there you need to walk for about an hour and wade across the Chiling River five times so you need to have a sense of adventure and not mind getting wet. When you finally reach the waterfall (actually three falls) it is well worth the effort. Chiling Waterfall is located in a reserve called the Sungai Chiling Fish Sanctuary, a fisheries research project run by the Selangor State Fisheries Department.
NEW AGE YOGA AT THE PARK
A dynamic yoga practice, focus on the breath while moving through a series of postures. The sequence of postures may be different from class to class, but always follow an intelligent progression that moves from basic to complex. This style of yoga builds heat, flexibility and strength, while maintaining focus on good alignment and sound structure. Postures may be held for longer periods of time, and will flow together to unite the body to the breath and mind. This class is suitable for everybody.
The ZEN energy. This class introduces students to yogic breathing and concentration exercises that lead to a Zen states of higher consciousness. Healing sounds or music may be used to stay focus and clear the mind. Regular practice purifies and energises the body, eventually leading to experiences of profound relaxation, peace and vitality. This class is suitable for anyone seeking to calm their minds and revitalise their bodies.
RELAX & RESTORE
A deeply relaxing healing practice focused on stimulating the parasympathetic system with the purpose of calming the body and the mind. In this class, props such as belts, bolsters, blocks, chairs and blankets are used with the purpose of supporting the body while exerting minimal physical effort in the poses. This class is suitable for anyone seeking to alleviate the strains of a busy and stressful lifestyle.
All participants will be staying at Sarang By The Brook. Two guests share in a double bed room. Sarang By The Brook is a collection of private homes set amidst the tropical jungle right at the edge of a historical colonial era small town called Kuala Kubu Bharu, 66km north of Kuala Lumpur city center. This private holiday sanctuary provides a comfortable and chilled-out atmosphere and acts as a gateway to the natural landscapes and multitude of outdoor adventures. Cradled between the tropical jungle and a quiet colonial-era town, where monkeys and birds are more evident, Sarang by the brook is styled using Shipping Containers as the basic building blocks. With its tropical garden encircling a landscaped saltwater swimming pool, and with only 11 rooms, Sarang by the brook is an intimate private property. Click to view location map
- Queen size bed: occupancy for 2 Adults sharing
- En suite bathroom with hot shower
- Beverage making facility
- Patio (Ground Floor) & Balcony (1st Floor)
- Air Conditioning
- Fan for the patio/balcony
- Multiple charging sockets
- Sarang Toiletries – Shampoo, Body Wash & Hand Wash
- Salt Water Swimming Pool: Lovely for night swims as well. Open 24 hours
- Astro For All Live Sports program: For sports fans all over the world
- 24 hours coffee, tea and chocolate malt beverage making station for your use.
- Bread and spreads for your consumption throughout your stay.
- Local transportation is included for the whole retreat’s journey
- Pick up from Station KTM Kuala Kubu Bharu on the first day
- Return to Station KTM Kuala Kubu Bharu on the return day
- Travel to outdoor activities venue
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable sport wear for out-door yoga and nature walk to waterfall.
- Appropriate footwear for nature walk to waterfall
- Rain gear for the unpredictable weather
- Swimming suits (optional)
- Yoga mat or towel for yoga sessions
- Sun screen or sun block
- Camera for sweet memory
- Phone and charger (try to keep it turned off during the day so as not to distract yourself or your fellow yogis)
ABOUT KUALA KUBU BHARU
Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor, Malaysia. Kuala Kubu Bharu is a charming little town at the foothills of Bukit Fraser in Hulu Selangor. Also known as ‘KKB’ by locals, the town began life as a mining colony in the 18th Century. Later, it housed a fortress built by warring Sultans during a period of civil war before falling into colonial hands. KKB was originally situated between two tributaries of the Selangor River, but a massive flood in 1883 wiped out the entire town infrastructure, claiming 33 lives including District Magistrate and Revenue Collector Sir Cecil Ranking. The town was then moved to its present location on hilly terrain, surrounded by lush valleys, to prevent further tragic recurrences. Today, getting there is easy for visitors travelling to Fraser’s Hill from the North-South Highway route or Rawang, located along the access route about 30km away from the Gap. Framed by a backdrop of rainforest and hills, heritage shop-houses from colonial days mingle alongside clusters of traditional houses – Life here is unhurried, pleasant and peaceful, unfettered by the constraints of modern living and conveniences. Walking around town and admiring its architectural landscape, little has changed from the colonial era in pace of life. Some of the tourist attractions in town include an art gallery, golf course, Chinese temples and historical sites, while Sungai Selangor Dam and Sungai Chilling Waterfall lie in the outskirts.
JUNGLE & RIVER ACTIVITIES
- River & Waterfall by the retreat grounds to explore
- Explore a picturesque Old Colonial Era town with many choices of great food options to keep foodies happy
- 38km from Fraser Hill
- Old school Golf Course 15 minutes away
- Many river picnic spots 15 minutes away
- Picturesque Selangor Dam
- Hot Springs for a cool night only 10 minutes drive away
- The renowned Chilling Waterfalls only 13 minutes away
- Meet up at “Stesen Komuter Kuala Kubu Baru” on 30 December 2016 (Friday) latest by 2:00pm. Kindly call organizer at +6011-1184-4184 if you arrive earlier.
- Click to view location map
HOW TO GET THERE
- By Train: Take a KTM Komuter Train from KL Sentral to Kuala Kubu Bharu directly. About 90 minutes journey (Click to view the train’s schedule)
- By Road: Please use Waze GPS or Google Map to search “Stesen Komuter Kuala Kubu Baru”. From KL Sentral Kuala Lumpur to KKB is about 70km and it takes about 75 minutes drive. From KLIA Airport to KKB is about 120km and it takes about 100 minutes drive.
- Arrival by airplane: Please book your flight to arrive at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL). Transfer from and to this airport is available upon request. Additional charges MYR130 per trip
TOUR LEADER & YOGA TEACHER
R2 Tho Hui Lee is the founder of iSpirit Asia www.ispirit.asia and the co-founder of YOGAVATAR New Age Yoga School. R2 started the journey of spreading love of Yoga and Fitness by teaching classes at her home country Malaysia since 2006. She is a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance at E-RYT500 advanced level where her certification from Thailand and India. She is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider YACEP. She is also a certified Group Fitness Instructor of various programs from Lesmills International, and a Reiki Healer at Master Degree level from India. Her passion in teaching has spread to Malaysia, Thailand, India and Maldives. Apart from the passion of teaching, R2 founded www.ispirit.asia in 2011. iSpirit is a new age Yoga & Fitness organization that promotes healthy lifestyle by organizing Yoga & Fitness activities to the communities such as retreats, workshops, trainings, community give back events and share the authentic colour of love for Yoga & Fitness to inspire people to live their most extraordinary life. Where there is existence of iSpirit there is love. R2’s creative mind, energetic body and harmony spirit radiate through her life in all aspects. As a teacher, a designer or a practitioner, she doesn’t differentiate between teaching, sharing and learning. She believes in the energy of passion, when passion meets passion, it makes the best medicine.
iRyne Yogavatar is a new age yogini, the founder of YOGAVATAR New Age Yoga School and co-founder of iSpirit Asia www.ispirit.asia. Yoga has been a central focus of her life since 2004. She is an International Yoga Instructor registered with the Ministry of Education Malaysia and also a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance at E-RYT500 advanced level, where her certification from Malaysia, Thailand and India. She is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider YACEP. Apart from yoga she is also a certified Group Fitness Instructor of various fitness programs. iRyne’s style of teaching draws experience and knowledge from Hatha Yoga, with the flow of energy and expression of “YOGAVATAR”. The emergence of YOGAVATAR is associated with YOGA and AVATAR which she expressed that the Universe is the source of power for expansion – harmonizing our physical, mental and spiritual. She is devoted to teach and educate practitioners of all levels with her electrifying sequences, so you can expect to flirt with gravity in her classes. Nevertheless, she believes Yoga is for everyone and makes contact with her practitioners gently. Her classes are meticulously themed to deepen the practitioner’s experience in Hatha Yoga and modifications are recommended in accordance to practitioners’ experience, energy and prowess. They benefit through precise instructions and it is her habitual in reminiscent on the importance of proper alignment with breath. Her goal is to guide her practitioners in the awakening of their own potential that brings peaceful yoga energy into her practitioners’ life on and off the mat.
- 2 days 1 night retreat: MYR230 per person
- YOGAVATAR DISCOUNT: 10% discount for Yogavatar Teacher Training Students and Graduates
- 1 Night Double Shared Accommodation
- 1 Vegetarian Dinner
- 1 Malaysian Breakfast
- 1 Warm Welcome Fruits & Tea
- 3 Yoga Sessions
- Local Transportation in Kuala Kubu Bharu
- Guided Nature Walk
- Unlimited Coffee, Tea And Chocolate Malt Beverage
- Unlimited Bread And Spreads
- Happiness and unforgettable experience
- All interested participants are required to register online and make payment by PayPal or Credit Card or Debit Card only.
- Help Line: +6011-1184-4184 or +6012-303-7022 (Call or whatsapp)