Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
Ignite your inspiration. The Yogavatar® 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training is a foundational course based on the Hatha Yoga tradition. The program is designed to help students develop balanced practices physically, mentally and spiritually. Whether your goal is to become a teacher or simply to explore new depths of yoga practice, the training sessions will prepare you for the journey. You can choose to attend a weekend course of 10 consecutive weekends, or a full-time intensive course of 4 weeks.
Registration for the Yoga Teacher Training Course is now open. You are free to choose to attend in-person or live-online.
Live Positive Life! Share Positive Vibes
Yogavatar® is a new age yoga that brings the ancient wisdom of yoga to a modern world in a tangible and practical way. Yogavatar® is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance, offering yoga teacher training courses. Yogavatar® Yoga School is on the mission of spreading Yoga Love to the world! Join us for a journey of exploring, learning, practicing, transforming, and sharing! Become a Yoga Teacher, it’s your turn to OM the world! Live Positive Life! Share Positive Vibes!
- Physical classroom or online classroom for your choice.
- Journey of exploring, learning, practicing, transforming, and sharing.
- Explore the knowledge and theory of yoga.
- Learn and understand human anatomy & physiology.
- Practice yogic cleansing, yoga poses, breathing, meditation, etc.
- Transform yourself to who you want to be.
- Share positive vibes, live positive life!
- Become an international certified yoga teacher
- Meet new like-minded buddies.
- Skill level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
- Style: Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative Zen, Meditation.
- Language: Training will be conducted in English. The trainers also speak Chinese and Malay upon request
- Maximum Capacity: 15 participants in physical classroom | online classroom
PART-1 : EXPLORE THE BOUNDARIES
Yoga humanities, the knowledge and theory of yoga.
- Yoga History: The path of yoga from birth until today.
- Yoga Philosophy: Study of ancient texts including the Patanjalís Yoga Sutras and Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- Psychic Physiology: Study of the subtle bodies including Chakras, Nadis, Prana, Kosha, etc.
- Yoga Lifestyle: Creating the life that you want.
PART-2 : LEARN ABUNDANTLY
Learn and understand human anatomy & physiology.
- Anatomy: Skeletal and Muscular system, including bones, joints, and muscles.
- Physiology: Bodily systems including nervous, cardiovascular, endocrine, digestive, respiratory, etc.
- Biomechanics: Joint movements, stabilization, etc.
- Application of Anatomy in Yoga: Benefits and contraindications, healthy movement patterns.
PART-3 : IGNITE YOUR PRACTICE
Techniques training and yogic practice
- Asana: Yoga poses including standing, seated, forward bending, back bending, twisting, inversion, arm balancing, restorative, pawanmukta series, sun salutation, etc.
- Pranayama: The major yogic breathing techniques
- Meditation: Practice for self-realisation.
- Mantra: Learn to chant in the language of yoga, sanskrit.
- Mudra: Symbolic gestures with the hands and fingers
- Bandhas: The art of yogic locks.
- Shatkarma: The ancient purification techniques.
- Yoga Sequence: Classical Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative Zen, Therapeutic Yoga, etc.
PART-4 : BE INSPIRED AND TRANSFORM
Teaching methodology and practicum. Transform yourself to who you want to be!
- Teaching Methodology: Learn to be a professional yoga teacher. Create an awesome yoga class with the 5 key elements.
- Planning: Plan an awesome yoga class with nice sequence, safe environment setting, equipment arrangement, lighting, air ventilation, music, etc.
- Demonstration: Be a role model to demonstrate with perfect technique and position.
- Teaching Techniques: Giving instruction with effective language, voice quality, connection to the participants, etc.
- Adjustment: How to support and give hands on adjustments.
- Practicum: Practice teaching as the lead instructor. Receiving and giving feedback, learn from observation, etc.
PART-5 : SHARE UNCONDITIONALLY
Professional Development! Share positive vibe, live positive life!
- Yoga Etiquette: Responsibility of a yoga teacher. How to inspire people and change their life, etc.
- Marketing and promotion: Marketing yourself and building your business.
- Reach out: Set up your own classes, get out there and teach.
iRyne Yogavatar is a new age yogini and she is the co-founder of Yogavatar® New Age Yoga School and iSpirit Asia. She conducts 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training programs under her belt as an E-RYT500 and a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education provider. She is a certified Yoga Therapist recognized by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia. iRyne has a lifelong interest in health and wellness. Yoga has been a central focus of her life since 2004. She has immersed herself in many styles of alignment-based and heart-centered yoga. She is known for her creative and intelligent sequencing toward a peak pose, and her signature style ‘Yogavatar® Glow’ and ‘Yogavatar® Zen’ which blends precise alignment techniques with a mindful body-mind connection. As iRyne is dedicated to sharing yoga with all corners of the world, she has created, produced, and co-directed the online streaming video Yogavatar® series, where a variety of all-level practices are available today at www.ispirit.asia. Apart from yoga, she is also a certified Group Fitness Instructor for BOSU and TRX. She has been featured in magazines occasionally demonstrating in Yoga Awareness. iRyne welcomes students of all levels to awaken to their inherent potential for unlimited joy, vitality and fulfilment that brings peaceful yoga energy into her students’ lives on and off the mat.
R2 THO HUI LEE
R2 Tho Hui Lee is the co-founder of iSpirit Asia and Yogavatar® New Age Yoga School. R2 started the journey of spreading love of Yoga and Fitness by teaching classes in her home country Malaysia since 2006. She is a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance at E-RYT500 advanced level where her certifications are from Thailand and India. She is also a certified Group Fitness Instructor for various programs from Les Mills International. Apart from the passion of teaching, R2 founded iSpirit Asia- a new age Yoga & Fitness organization that promotes healthy lifestyle by organizing Yoga & Fitness activities to the communities such as retreats, workshops, trainings, community give back events, and share the love of yoga and fitness to inspire people to live their most extraordinary life. Where there is existence of iSpirit there is love. R2’s creative mind, energetic body and harmony spirit radiate through her life in all aspects. As a teacher, a designer or a practitioner, she doesn’t differentiate between teaching, sharing and learning. She believes in the energy of passion; When passion meets passion, it makes the best medicine.
- 4-week Full-time Course: Monday to Friday
- 10-week Weekend Course: Saturday & Sunday only
TRAINING SCHEDULE 2023
10-week Weekend Course (Saturday & Sunday)
- Date: 4 March to 7 May 2023 (Saturday & Sunday only)
- Time: 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Venue: mYoga Cheras Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Click here to view location map
4-week Full-time Course (Monday to Friday)
- Date: 5 to 30 June 2023 (Monday to Friday)
- Time: 7:00am to 5:00pm
- Venue: Sunway Lagoon Club, Bandar Sunway, Malaysia. Click here to view location map
You can freely choose to participate in physical classes or online classes, the choice is yours! The content of the training course in the physical classroom and the online classroom will be exactly the same.
- Face-to-face interaction. Ask questions immediately when needed.
- Teacher’s demonstration of yoga poses can be clearly seen.
- Feel the group energy and inspire each other.
- Study in the comfort of your own home. You are in charge of your surrounding environment.
- Provide a safe environment during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Can access classes from any location that has good internet service.
- Cost-effective and save time. Don’t have to travel.
The course will be structured in the following manner, along with this approximate time schedule. In total of 200 hours training.
- 30 hours Yoga Humanities
- 30 hours Anatomy & Physiology
- 75 hours Technique, Training and Practice
- 65 hours Professional Essentials
Graduates of our programme will receive a full certificate of completion, approved by Yoga Alliance. Graduates are eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming a RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher, attributes that many hiring studios look for.
Regular Pricing MYR8000
What course materials are included in the fees?
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Manual, t-shirt, neti pot.
- Access to the 30-hour Anatomy Online Course by David Keil
- Access to the online curriculum (videos, lectures, audios, resources etc.)
- Ongoing faculty support. Once you have finished your program, we would welcome you to reach out whenever you need to.
What course materials are not included in the fees?
- Please arrange accommodation, transportation and meals by yourself.
- Required Reading Textbook: Fuctional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- 3% service charge will be applied for payment by Credit Card or Paypal
SPECIAL DISCOUNT PRICE
- Early-Bird: MYR6,400 per person
Register 2 months before the respective training starts.
- Group Sign-up: MYR5,600 per person
Minimum 2 person register together for the same batch.
- Young aspirants: MYR5,600 per person
16 to 21 years old.
- Senior Citizen: MYR5,600 per person
60 years old and above.
- mYoga members: MYR5,600 per person
members of mYoga Malaysia
Making MYR1,600 deposit will confirm and guarantee your place in the training. The balance of the payment should be paid by the first day of training.
We accept Bank Transfer, Credit Card, PayPal, Cash.
- Online Banking
- Bank Transfers
Bank Name: Hong Leong Bank Berhad
Account Name: ISPIRIT ASIA
Account Number: 24300006463
Bank Address: 21, Jln BS 10/6, Taman Bukit Serdang, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia
Swift Code: HLBBMYKL
- Cash Payment to organizer representative. Please contact +6011 11844184
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE
- Please make payment in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR)
- If you are paying in other currency : Please use the Currency Converter >>> CHECK RATE
Course fee including deposit paid for registration is non-refundable but transferable and it is valid for two year from the actual course date. Students are required to pay a deposit to secure their space, the balance of the payment should be paid by the first day of training. Please note that we do not give refunds, so it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully insured against any unforeseen circumstances that either prevent you from attending the course, or that require you to leave the course early.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Am I qualified to join the course?
This course is suitable for all dedicated students, aspiring yoga teachers and current teachers seeking certification. It is recommended that participants should:
• At least 16 years old
• Have a minimum six months of yoga practice experience, any style
• Have a passion for learning and exploring the deeper dimensions of yoga
• Be free of major injuries (please inform of minor but recurring injuries in advance)
I don’t want to be a teacher, can I still take the training?
No problem! Our 200-hour training is ideal for those who want to delve deeper into the study of yoga, and to improve their own practice. It’s also great for students who simply want to have a transformational experience and to be a part of our thriving Yoga Community.
Is the training physically difficult?
Our style of yoga is about developing ease and enjoyment in the body. We strongly disagree with any yoga practice that pushes students to their physical limits. Most students find the training moderately difficult physically.
What are the preparations for attending?
We require that you have a minimum of 6 months of a consistent yoga practice before enrolling in our teacher training course. We want to make sure that trainees have a basic foundation in the primary yoga postures before learning how to teach.
I am not flexible and not strong, am I qualified to join the course?
The 200 hour course is a foundation in yoga study. We do not require you to be perfect in every yoga poses. The most important thing is that you have passion in yoga and committed to the course that will help you to develop your yoga practice.
Do I need to be fluent in English?
We welcome students from all backgrounds and ethnicities. English does not need to be your first language. However, students should be fairly fluent in the English language (reading, writing & speaking). The entire curriculum is delivered in English.
Is there age restrictions for the training?
You must be at least 16 years old to take the training. There is no maximum age.
How is the progression of the training?
The training will progress from basic to advance, from traditional to modern yoga, from dynamic movement to static and silence practice, from Yin to Yang style, we cover all aspect of yoga. You will also learn yoga philosophy, anatomy, teaching methodology, theory and technique.
Can I choose to join some sessions in a physical classroom and some online?
Yes, you can freely choose to participate in physical classes or online classes. Example: you can join online class today, tomorrow join in physical class; or, join physical class in the morning, then online class in the evening. It’s flexible. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable and convenient. Online classes will be in real-time live as with in physical classes.
I have an injury/ special condition, can I take this course?
We recommend that you check with your physician first and must sign a waiver stating that you are able to take the class. With your doctor’s permission and release, minor physical limitations can also serve as helpful demonstrations to learn to work with students with similar limitations.
Can I take this training if I am pregnant?
We have had many pregnant students in our programs. It all depends on how you are feeling. All students should first check with their doctor to make sure they are clear to take this training.
What are the graduation requirement?
In order to graduate the program you must be paid in full and fulfil the following requirements:
• Attendance of training sessions
• Successful completion of homework, quizzes, final exams
• Participation in a final practice teaching practicum
is there any exam ? if yes, what is the exam fees is that included part of the training?
Yes, it will be open book exam. The homework assignment is part of the exam. Practical assessment will be held on the last week of training. You don’t have to pay anything for the exam.
How much time should I expect to spend on the homework assignment?
Expect to spend 1 hour a day on homework. The homework is designed to support the material covered in class and help you integrate what is presented into your own practice and teaching. If you are not planning on teaching after this course, you may choose not to complete all of the homework assignments and take the course for non-credit. However, if you wish to receive your Certificate of Completion for the course, you must attend all the sessions and complete all the homework assignments.
How many students in one training course?
We typically have small group 10-15 individuals in our trainings.
What is the Yoga Alliance?
Yoga Alliance is an organization that was started in 1999 as a way to create nationally recognized standards for yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainings in the world. More and more yoga studios across the country are requiring their teachers to register with the Yoga Alliance, either at the 200-Hour or 500-Hour level. Yoga Alliance registration, however, is not a legal requirement for teaching yoga. Currently, there are no legal certification requirements to be a yoga teacher. The Yogavatar®Trainings are approved at the Yoga Alliance 200-Hour level in Malaysia. Yogavatar® trainings have a 5 Star Yoga Alliance rating based on past training participants.
What if, I’ve missed some classes during the training?
Yoga Alliance requires you to complete all 200 hours of teacher training. However, we also understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances prevent you from attending training. In order not to let you miss the course content, we will record the course content as a video and upload it online, and you can watch the video again at any time. We also welcome you to return to the next training course as a refresher course, and we allow you to participate in the next training course for free within two years. Please note that you can miss a maximum of 30 training hours, and you will have 2 years from the last day of your program to complete your attendance requirements.
Is Yogavatar® Teacher Training Qualification recognized around the world?
Yes! Yogavatar® Teacher Training is globally recognized and respected. Our students come from all over the world to take our training and to bring the knowledge back home to their own communities. However, it is always prudent to check in your country if there are any specific requirements.
Will I be qualified to teach yoga once I complete the 200-hour training?
Yes! With the successful completion of all the requirements of the program, including contact hours, homework, and exam, you will receive your Certificate of completion evidencing your training at the 200-Hour Level. You may also register with the Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org) at the RYT-200 level (Registered Yoga Teacher 200). Graduates of the 200-Hour program usually begin teaching in small studios, gyms, with private clientele (friends and family), etc.
Do you help organize accommodation for travelling students?
The organizer may assist with answering queries relating to accommodation arrangements but does not take responsibility for suggestions given, etc. Air BnB are great sources for finding short-term housing.
Do you offer instalment payment plans?
Yes, course fee can be broken into payments of as little as MYR1,600 / month.
What is your cancellation policy?
A MYR1,600 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a spot. If for some reason you cannot attend the training, you can apply your deposit to a training in a later month or transfer it to your friend.
What if I have already done the 200 hr training?
No problem, you are welcome to join. It’s a great way to reinvigorate your practice.
Still have questions?
Please reach out and we will gladly assist. We are here to help you navigate the world of yoga teacher training. Contact Us
- Organizer: www.iSpirit.asia
- Training Provider: YOGAVATAR® New Age Yoga
- Inquiries email: iSpirit.email@example.com
- Inquires contact: +6011 11844184 (call) or +6012 3037022 (whatsapp)