Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
Deepen experience, and fire up your inspiration. Yogavatar® 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a foundation course based on the deep roots of Hatha Yoga. The course aims to help students to develop a well-balance practice, on the physical aspects, psychological and spiritual. Whether your goal is to become a teacher or simply uncover new depths in your yoga practice, the training course will prepare you for the journey. You can choose to join for weekend course which will last 10 consecutive weekends, or an intensive 4 weeks full-time course.
Registration for Yoga Teacher Training Course is now open. Choose to join in a physical classroom or online classroom, it’s your choice!
Live Positive Life! Share Positive Vibes
Yogavatar® is a new age yoga that brings the ancient wisdom of yoga to a modern world in tangible and practical way. Yogavatar® is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance, offering yoga teacher training course. Yogavatar® Yoga School is on the mission of spreading Yoga Love to the world! Join us for a journey of exploring, learning, practicing, transforming, and sharing! Become a Yoga Teacher, it’s your turn to OM the world! Live Positive Life! Share Positive Vibes!
- Physical classroom or online classroom for your choice.
- Journey of exploring, learning, practicing, transforming, and sharing.
- Explore the knowledge and theory of yoga.
- Learn and understand human anatomy & physiology.
- Practice yogic cleansing, yoga poses, breathing, meditation, etc.
- Transform yourself to who you want to be.
- Share positive vibes, live positive life!
- Become an international certified yoga teacher
- Meet new like-minded buddies.
- Skill level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
- Style: Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative Zen, Meditation.
- Language: Training will be conducted in English. The trainers also speak Chinese and Malay upon request
- Maximum Capacity: 15 participants in physical classroom | online classroom
PART-1 : EXPLORE THE BOUNDARIES
Yoga humanities, the knowledge and theory of yoga.
- Yoga History: The path of yoga from birth until today.
- Yoga Philosophy: Study of ancient texts including the Patanjalís Yoga Sutras and Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- Psychic Physiology: Study of the subtle bodies including Chakras, Nadis, Prana, Kosha, etc.
- Yoga Lifestyle: Creating the life that you want.
PART-2 : LEARN ABUNDANTLY
Learn and understand human anatomy & physiology.
- Anatomy: Skeletal and Muscular system, including bones, joints, and muscles.
- Physiology: Bodily systems including nervous, cardiovascular, endocrine, digestive, respiratory, etc.
- Biomechanics: Joint movements, stabilization, etc.
- Application of Anatomy in Yoga: Benefits and contraindications, healthy movement patterns.
PART-3 : IGNITE YOUR PRACTICE
Techniques training and yogic practice
- Asana: Yoga poses including standing, seated, forward bending, back bending, twisting, inversion, arm balancing, restorative, pawanmukta series, sun salutation, etc.
- Pranayama: The major yogic breathing techniques
- Meditation: Practice for self-realisation.
- Mantra: Learn to chant in the language of yoga, sanskrit.
- Mudra: Symbolic gestures with the hands and fingers
- Bandhas: The art of yogic locks.
- Shatkarma: The ancient purification techniques.
- Yoga Sequence: Classical Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative Zen, Therapeutic Yoga, etc.
PART-4 : BE INSPIRED AND TRANSFORM
Teaching methodology and practicum. Transform yourself to who you want to be!
- Teaching Methodology: Learn to be a professional yoga teacher. Create an awesome yoga class with the 5 key elements.
- Planning: Plan an awesome yoga class with nice sequence, safe environment setting, equipment arrangement, lighting, air ventilation, music, etc.
- Demonstration: Be a role model to demonstrate with perfect technique and position.
- Teaching Techniques: Giving instruction with effective language, voice quality, connection to the participants, etc.
- Adjustment: How to support and give hands on adjustments.
- Practicum: Practice teaching as the lead instructor. Receiving and giving feedback, learn from observation, etc.
PART-5 : SHARE UNCONDITIONALLY
Professional Development! Share positive vibe, live positive life!
- Yoga Etiquette: Responsibility of a yoga teacher. How to inspire people and change their life, etc.
- Marketing and promotion: Marketing yourself and building your business.
- Reach out: Set up your own classes, get out there and teach.
iRyne Yogavatar is a new age yogini and she is the co-founder of Yogavatar® New Age Yoga School and iSpirit Asia; where she direct 200-hour Yoga Alliance recognise teacher training programs under her belt as a E-RYT500 and a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education provider. She is a certified Yoga Therapist recognised by the Ministry of Education Malaysia. iRyne has a lifelong interest in health and wellness. Yoga has been a central focus of her life since 2004. She has immersed herself in many styles of alignment-based and heart-centered yoga. She is known for her creative and intelligent sequencing toward a peak pose, and her signature style ‘Yogavatar® Glow’ and ‘Yogavatar® Zen’ which blends precise alignment techniques with mindfulness body mind connection. As iRyne is dedicated to share yoga to all corners of the world, she has created, produced, and co-directed the online streaming video Yogavatar® series where a variety of all-level practices are available today at www.ispirit.asia. Apart from yoga she is also a certified Group Fitness Instructor for BOSU and TRX. She has been featured in magazines occasionally demonstrating in Yoga Awareness. iRyne welcomes students of all levels to awaken to their inherent potential for unlimited joy, vitality and fulfilment that brings peaceful yoga energy into her students’ life on and off the mat.
R2 THO HUI LEE
R2 Tho Hui Lee is the co-founder of iSpirit Asia and Yogavatar® New Age Yoga School. R2 started the journey of spreading love of Yoga and Fitness by teaching classes at her home country Malaysia since 2006. She is a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance at E-RYT500 advanced level where her certification from Thailand and India. She is also a certified Group Fitness Instructor of various programs from Lesmills International. Apart from the passion of teaching, R2 founded iSpirit Asia- a new age Yoga & Fitness organization that promotes healthy lifestyle by organizing Yoga & Fitness activities to the communities such as retreats, workshops, trainings, community give back events, and share the love of yoga and fitness to inspire people to live their most extraordinary life. Where there is existence of iSpirit there is love. R2’s creative mind, energetic body and harmony spirit radiate through her life in all aspects. As a teacher, a designer or a practitioner, she doesn’t differentiate between teaching, sharing and learning. She believes in the energy of passion, when passion meets passion, it makes the best medicine.
Graduates of our programme will receive a full certificate of completion, approved by Yoga Alliance. Graduates are eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming a RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher, attributes that many hiring studios look for.
You can freely choose to participate in physical classes or online classes, the choice is yours! The content of the training course in the physical classroom and the online classroom will be exactly the same.
Option 1: Physical Classroom
Option 1: Physical Classroom at Sunway Lagoon Club, Bandar Sunway, Malaysia.
Sunway Lagoon Club address: No 3, Jalan Lagoon Timur, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia. Nestled in the highly acclaimed and award winning township of Sunway City, Sunway Lagoon Club provides a perfect blend of conventional charm and contemporary facilities. Click here to view location map.
Option 2: Online Classroom
Option 2: Online Classroom. Digital learning experience that allows teachers and students to connect online in real-time.
The program will be exactly the same as the physical classroom. There will be no changes in the syllabus, course materials and structure of the exam. Credibility of the certificate remains exactly the same as that of a physical classroom and it will not be mentioned online or offline.
PHYSICAL CLASSROOM VS ONLINE CLASSROOM
Pros of Physical Classroom
- Face-to-face interaction. Ask questions immediately when needed.
- Teacher’s demonstration of yoga poses can be clearly seen.
- Feel the group energy and inspire each other.
Pros of Online Classroom
- Study in the comfort of your own home. You are in charge of your surrounding environment.
- Provide a safe environment during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Can access classes from any location that has good internet service.
- Cost-effective and save time. Don’t have to travel.
PHYSICAL CLASSROOM SAFETY RULES
- Vaccination policies: Only fully vaccinated individuals are allowed to enter to the physical classroom. Display your MySejahtera Digital Cert or the vaccination card issued by MOH for verification upon entering the premises.
- Mask-wearing policies: Please keep your mask on before class and only take it off during class. Please put your mask on immediately after the class ends. We encourage you to keep the mask on at all times if you are ok with it, for your own safety.
- Social distancing measures: Please keep a safe distance at all times.
- Extra sanitation: All equipments and high touch surfaces have to be cleaned always.
- Contactless check-in: Please check in with your MySejahtera app upon entering the premises.
- Ventilation system: We keep the windows open as much as possible to ensure proper ventilation of the space.
- Bring your own equipments: Please bring your own yoga mat, yoga straps, yoga blocks, towel, water bottle, sanitizer.
- Online Classroom: The sessions will be conducted via Zoom Meeting. The program schedule would be exactly the same as that on physical classroom. Teachers and students are able to connect online in real-time. Meeting ID and Password will be provided by email.
- During the class: You should practice in a well-lit area with enough free space around you. Find a space where there are no disturbances during the session.
- Questions & Answers Sessions: It will be 5 to 10 minutes Q&A session at the end of the session. Please use the Raise Hand and chat option.
- Course materials: Training Manual, T-shirt, and Neti Pot will be sent to your door step. Postage to be borne by the participant.
- Certificates: E-certificates would be awarded. Printed copy of certificate is available upon request. Postage to be borne by the participant.
The course will be structured in the following manner, along with this approximate time schedule. In total of 200 hours training.
- 30 hours Yoga Humanities
- 30 hours Anatomy & Physiology
- 75 hours Technique, Training and Practice
- 65 hours Professional Essentials
Time zone in Malaysia (GMT+8)
- 07:00 Practice
- 09:00 Break
- 10:00 Theory
- 12:00 Break
- 13:00 Theory
- 15:00 Practice
- 17:00 Dismiss
- Home work assignment will be given daily
- 4-week Full-time Course: Monday to Friday
- 10-week Weekend Course: Saturday & Sunday only
- REGULAR PRICE for 200-hour Teacher Training Course is MYR8,000
- Price included course materials.
- Not include accommodation and meals.
- 3% service charge will be applied for payment by Credit Card or Paypal
SPECIAL DISCOUNT PRICE
- Early-Bird: MYR6,400 per person
Register 2 months before the respective training starts.
- Group Sign-up: MYR5,600 per person
Minimum 2 person register together for the same batch.
- Young aspirants: MYR5,600 per person
16 to 21 years old.
- Senior Citizen: MYR5,600 per person
60 years old and above.
Making MYR1,600 deposit will confirm and guarantee your place in the training. The balance of the payment should be paid by the first day of training.
We accept Bank Transfer, Credit Card, PayPal, Cash.
- Online Banking
- Bank Transfers
Bank Name: Hong Leong Bank Berhad
Account Name: ISPIRIT ASIA
Account Number: 24300006463
Bank Address: 21, Jln BS 10/6, Taman Bukit Serdang, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia
Swift Code: HLBBMYKL
- Cash Payment to organizer representative. Please contact +6011 11844184
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE
- Please make payment in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR)
- If you are paying in other currency : Please use the Currency Converter >>> CHECK RATE
Course fee including deposit paid for registration is non-refundable but transferable and it is valid for two year from the actual course date. Students are required to pay a deposit to secure their space, the balance of the payment should be paid by the first day of training. Please note that we do not give refunds, so it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully insured against any unforeseen circumstances that either prevent you from attending the course, or that require you to leave the course early.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Am I qualified to join the course?
This course is suitable for all dedicated students, aspiring yoga teachers and current teachers seeking certification. This program is demanding, both emotionally and physically, so commitment, determination and good health are basic requisites. Students must be prepared to make personal sacrifices in order to achieve 100% course attendance. It is recommended that students seeking teacher certification should:
• At least 16 years old
• Have a minimum 6 months of yoga practice experience, any style
• Have a passion to learn and explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
• Be free of major injuries (please inform of minor but recurring injuries in advance)
• Be fully committed to attendance
Q: I don’t want to be a teacher, can I still take the training?
No problem! Our 200-hour training is ideal for those who want to delve deeper into the study of yoga, and to improve their own practice. It’s also great for students who simply want to have a transformational experience and to be a part of our thriving Yoga Community.
Q: Is the training physically difficult?
Our style of yoga is about developing ease and enjoyment in the body. We strongly disagree with any yoga practice that pushes students to their physical limits. Most students find the training moderately difficult physically.
Q: What are the preparations for attending?
We require that you have a minimum of 6 months of a consistent yoga practice before enrolling in our teacher training course. We want to make sure that trainees have a basic foundation in the primary yoga postures before learning how to teach.
Q: I am not flexible and not strong, am I qualified to join the course?
The 200 hour course is a foundation in yoga study. We do not require you to be perfect in every yoga poses. The most important thing is that you have passion in yoga and committed to the course that will help you to develop your yoga practice.
Q: Is there age restrictions for the training?
You must be at least 16 years old to take the training. There is no maximum age.
Q: How is the progression of the training?
The training will progress from basic to advance, from traditional to modern yoga, from dynamic movement to static and silence practice, from Yin to Yang style, we cover all aspect of yoga. You will also learn yoga philosophy, anatomy, teaching methodology, theory and technique.
Q: Can I choose to join some sessions in a physical classroom and some online?
Yes, you can freely choose to participate in physical classes or online classes. Example: you can join online class today, tomorrow join in physical class; or, join physical class in the morning, then online class in the evening. It’s flexible. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable and convenient. Online classes will be in real-time live as with in physical classes.
Q: I have an injury/ special condition, can I take this course?
We recommend that you check with your physician first and must sign a waiver stating that you are able to take the class. With your doctor’s permission and release, minor physical limitations can also serve as helpful demonstrations to learn to work with students with similar limitations.
Q: Can I take this training if I am pregnant?
We have had many pregnant students in our programs. It all depends on how you are feeling. All students should first check with their doctor to make sure they are clear to take this training.
Q: What are the graduation requirement?
In order to graduate the program you must be paid in full and fulfil the following requirements:
• Attendance of training sessions
• Successful completion of homework, quizzes, final exams
• Participation in a final practice teaching practicum
Q: is there any exam ? if yes, what is the exam fees is that included part of the training?
Yes, it will be open book exam. The homework assignment is part of the exam. Practical assessment will be held on the last week of training. You don’t have to pay anything for the exam.
Q: How much time should I expect to spend on the homework assignment?
Expect to spend 1 hour a day on homework. The homework is designed to support the material covered in class and help you integrate what is presented into your own practice and teaching. If you are not planning on teaching after this course, you may choose not to complete all of the homework assignments and take the course for non-credit. However, if you wish to receive your Certificate of Completion for the course, you must attend all the sessions and complete all the homework assignments.
Q: How many students in one training course?
We typically have small group 10-15 individuals in our trainings.
Q: What is the Yoga Alliance?
Yoga Alliance is an organization that was started in 1999 as a way to create nationally recognized standards for yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainings in the world. More and more yoga studios across the country are requiring their teachers to register with the Yoga Alliance, either at the 200-Hour or 500-Hour level. Yoga Alliance registration, however, is not a legal requirement for teaching yoga. Currently, there are no legal certification requirements to be a yoga teacher. The Yogavatar®Trainings are approved at the Yoga Alliance 200-Hour level in Malaysia. Yogavatar® trainings have a 5 Star Yoga Alliance rating based on past training participants.
Q: What if, I’ve missed some classes during the training?
Yoga Alliance requires that you complete all 200 hours of the teacher training. However, we understand that sometimes conflicts come up, and we have developed the make-up policy listed below. Please note that you can miss a maximum of 30 training hours, and you will have one year from the last day of your program to complete your attendance requirements. If you miss more than 30 hours or do not complete your make up hours within one year, you will receive a not passing status and will be required to pay in full to retake the training. You have the following two options for making up your missed time:
Option 1: Schedule a private session with your trainer at some point during the program. The cost of a private session is MYR150 per hour:
• 1 hour private = 1-5 hours of missed time
• 2 hour private = 6-10 hours of missed time
• 3 hour private = 11-15 hours of missed time
Please note: Only two sessions of private instruction, regardless of hours, are allowable and are subject to trainer availability. The remainder of your missed time will need to be made up in a future training (see Make Up option 2 below). Private make up sessions are only an option during your current training and are not an option once the program is complete.
Option 2: You can attend the days you missed in an upcoming training, free of additional class training charge. You have one year from your program end date to complete your make up classes. If the training is sold out, you will need to wait for a future training with space available to complete your make up(s).
Q: Is Yogavatar® Teacher Training Qualification recognized around the world?
Yes! Yogavatar® Teacher Training is globally recognized and respected. Our students come from all over the world to take our training and to bring the knowledge back home to their own communities. However, it is always prudent to check in your country if there are any specific requirements.
Q: Will I be qualified to teach yoga once I complete the 200-hour training?
Yes! With the successful completion of all the requirements of the program, including contact hours, homework, and exam, you will receive your Certificate of completion evidencing your training at the 200-Hour Level. You may also register with the Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org) at the RYT-200 level (Registered Yoga Teacher 200). Graduates of the 200-Hour program usually begin teaching in small studios, gyms, with private clientele (friends and family), etc.
Q: Do you help organize accommodation for travelling students?
The organizer may assist with answering queries relating to accommodation arrangements but does not take responsibility for suggestions given, etc. Air BnB are great sources for finding short-term housing.
Q: Do you offer instalment payment plans?
Yes, course fee can be broken into payments of as little as MYR1,600 / month.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A MYR1,600 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a spot. If for some reason you cannot attend the training, you can apply your deposit to a training in a later month or transfer it to your friend.
Q: What if I have already done the 200 hr training?
No problem, you are welcome to join. It’s a great way to reinvigorate your practice.
- Organizer: www.iSpirit.asia
- Training Provider: YOGAVATAR® New Age Yoga
- Inquiries email: iSpirit.email@example.com
- Inquires contact: +6011 11844184 (call) or +6012 3037022 (whatsapp)