Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
Deepen experience, and fire up your inspiration. Yogavatar® 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a foundation course based on the deep roots of Hatha Yoga. The course aims to help students to develop a well-balance practice, on the physical aspects, psychological and spiritual. Whether your goal is to become a teacher or simply uncover new depths in your yoga practice, the training course will prepare you for the journey. You can choose to join for weekend course which will last 10 consecutive weekends, or an intensive 4 weeks full-time course .
Live Positive Life! Share Positive Vibes
Yogavatar® is a new age yoga that brings the ancient wisdom of yoga to a modern world in tangible and practical way. Yogavatar® is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance, offering yoga teacher training course. We believe that practicing yoga regularly greatly enhances a person’s physical, mental and spiritual health. This produces a powerful ripple effect, which radiates through the surrounding family, community, and workforce in ways that positively influence everyone. Yogavatar® Yoga School is on the mission of spreading Yoga Love to the world! Join us for a journey of exploring, learning, practicing, transforming, and sharing! Become a Yoga Teacher, it’s your turn to OM the world! Live Positive Life! Share Positive Vibes!
- Journey of exploring, learning, practicing, transforming, and sharing
- Explore the knowledge and theory of yoga
- Learn and understand human anatomy & physiology
- Practice yogic cleansing, yoga poses, breathing, meditation, etc.
- Transform yourself to who you want to be
- Share positive vibes, live positive life!
- Become an international certified yoga teacher
- Meet new like-minded buddies
- Skill level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Style: Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative Zen, Meditation
- Language: Training will be conducted in English. The trainers also speak Chinese and Malay upon request
- Maximum Capacity: maximum 15 participants
PART-1 : EXPLORE THE BOUNDARIES
Yoga humanities, the knowledge and theory of yoga.
- Yoga History: The path of yoga from birth until today.
- Yoga Philosophy: Study of ancient texts including the Patanjalís Yoga Sutras and Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- Psychic Physiology: Study of the subtle bodies including Chakras, Nadis, Prana, Kosha, etc.
- Yoga Lifestyle: Creating the life that you want.
PART-2 : LEARN ABUNDANTLY
Learn and understand human anatomy & physiology.
- Anatomy: Skeletal and Muscular system, including bones, joints, and muscles.
- Physiology: Bodily systems including nervous, cardiovascular, endocrine, digestive, respiratory, etc.
- Biomechanics: Joint movements, stabilization, etc.
- Application of Anatomy in Yoga: Benefits and contraindications, healthy movement patterns.
PART-3 : IGNITE YOUR PRACTICE
Techniques training and yogic practice
- Asana: Yoga poses including standing, seated, forward bending, back bending, twisting, inversion, arm balancing, restorative, pawanmukta series, sun salutation, etc.
- Pranayama: The major yogic breathing techniques
- Meditation: Practice for self-realisation.
- Mantra: Learn to chant in the language of yoga, sanskrit.
- Mudra: Symbolic gestures with the hands and fingers
- Bandhas: The art of yogic locks.
- Shatkarma: The ancient purification techniques.
- Yoga Sequence: Classical Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative Zen, Therapeutic Yoga, etc.
PART-4 : BE INSPIRED AND TRANSFORM
Teaching methodology and practicum. Transform yourself to who you want to be!
- Teaching Methodology: Learn to be a professional yoga teacher. Create an awesome yoga class with the 5 key elements.
- Planning: Plan an awesome yoga class with nice sequence, safe environment setting, equipment arrangement, lighting, air ventilation, music, etc.
- Demonstration: Be a role model to demonstrate with perfect technique and position.
- Teaching Techniques: Giving instruction with effective language, voice quality, connection to the participants, etc.
- Adjustment: How to support and give hands on adjustments.
- Practicum: Practice teaching as the lead instructor. Receiving and giving feedback, learn from observation, etc.
PART-5 : SHARE UNCONDITIONALLY
Professional Development! Share positive vibe, live positive life!
- Yoga Etiquette: Responsibility of a yoga teacher. How to inspire people and change their life, etc.
- Marketing and promotion: Marketing yourself and building your business.
- Reach out: Set up your own classes, get out there and teach.
Graduates of our programme will receive a full certificate of completion, approved by Yoga Alliance. Graduates are eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming a RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher, attributes that many hiring studios look for.
The course will be structured in the following manner, along with this approximate time schedule. In total of 200 hours training.
- 30 hours Yoga Humanities
- 30 hours Anatomy & Physiology
- 75 hours Technique, Training and Practice
- 65 hours Professional Essentials
- 06:45 – 09:15 Practice
- 09:15 – 09:45 Short Break
- 09:45 – 11:45 Theory
- 11:45 – 12:45 Lunch Break
- 12:45 – 14:45 Theory
- 14:45 – 16:45 Practice
- Home work assignment will be given daily
- 4-week Full-time Course: Monday to Friday
- 10-week Weekend Course: Saturday & Sunday only
iRyne Yogavatar is a new age yogini and she is the founder of Yogavatar® New Age Yoga School and co-founder of iSpirit Asia; where she direct 200-hour Yoga Alliance recognise teacher training programs under her belt as a E-RYT500 and a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education provider. She is a certified Yoga Therapist recognised by the Ministry of Education Malaysia. iRyne has a lifelong interest in health and wellness. Yoga has been a central focus of her life since 2004. She has immersed herself in many styles of alignment-based and heart-centered yoga. She is known for her creative and intelligent sequencing toward a peak pose, and her signature style ‘Yogavatar® Glow’ and ‘Yogavatar® Zen’ which blends precise alignment techniques with mindfulness body mind connection. As iRyne is dedicated to share yoga to all corners of the world, she has created, produced, and co-directed the online streaming video Yogavatar® series where a variety of all-level practices are available today at www.ispirit.asia. Apart from yoga she is also a certified Group Fitness Instructor for BOSU and TRX. She has been featured in magazines occasionally demonstrating in Yoga Awareness. iRyne welcomes students of all levels to awaken to their inherent potential for unlimited joy, vitality and fulfilment that brings peaceful yoga energy into her students’ life on and off the mat.
R2 THO HUI LEE
R2 Tho Hui Lee is the founder of iSpirit Asia www.ispirit.asia and the co-founder of Yogavatar® New Age Yoga School. R2 started the journey of spreading love of Yoga and Fitness by teaching classes at her home country Malaysia since 2006. She is a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance at E-RYT500 advanced level where her certification from Thailand and India. She is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider YACEP. She is also a certified Group Fitness Instructor of various programs from Lesmills International, and a Reiki Healer at Master Degree level from India. Her passion in teaching has spread to Malaysia, Thailand, India and Maldives. Apart from the passion of teaching, R2 founded www.ispirit.asia in 2011. iSpirit is a new age Yoga & Fitness organization that promotes healthy lifestyle by organizing Yoga & Fitness activities to the communities such as retreats, workshops, trainings, community give back events and share the authentic colour of love for Yoga & Fitness to inspire people to live their most extraordinary life. Where there is existence of iSpirit there is love. R2’s creative mind, energetic body and harmony spirit radiate through her life in all aspects. As a teacher, a designer or a practitioner, she doesn’t differentiate between teaching, sharing and learning. She believes in the energy of passion, when passion meets passion, it makes the best medicine.
Address: Level 29, Sanctum Wellness, EQ Kuala Lumpur, Equatorial Plaza, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (location map)
EQ’s prime location in the heart of Kuala Lumpur means you are an easy walk to Golden Triangle’s most popular attractions. Whether it’s shopping, sightseeing, restaurants or nightlife, everything is conveniently close-by. To get around even quicker, the easiest option is by KL Monorail. The station is minutes via covered walkway, and connects you to the city’s entire light rail network (rapid KL)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a special room rate stay at EQ Kuala Lumpur five stars hotel.
- REGULAR PRICE for 200-hour Teacher Training Course is MYR8,000
- EARLY BIRD register two months before training, price is MYR6,400
- Price included course materials.
- Not include accommodation and meals.
- 3% service charge will be applied for payment by Credit Card or Paypal
- Enjoy 20% early-bird price reduction, when booked at least two months before the respective training starts.
- Group Sign-up: Save MYR800 each when you and a friend sign up for an upcoming 200-Hour Teacher Training! Please list down your friend’s name on registration.
- Young aspirants: Save MYR800 if you are 16 to 21 years old.
- Senior Citizen: Save MYR800 if you are 60 years old and above.
- EQ Member: Save MYR800 if you are an active member in Sanctum Wellness at EQKL.
Making your minimum deposit of MYR1,600 will confirm and guarantee your place in the training. The balance of the payment should be paid by the first day of training. The Payment methods we accept are Cash in Malaysia Ringgit or US Dollars, Credit Card, PayPal, and Bank Transfer. Payments by online transfer may be made in any Currency, as we will receive all payments in Malaysia Ringgit.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE
- Please make payment in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR)
- If you are paying in other currency : Please use the Currency Converter >>> CHECK RATE
- Bank Transfers
Bank Name: Hong Leong Bank Berhad
Account Name: ISPIRIT ASIA
Account Number: 24300006463
Bank Address: 21, Jln BS 10/6, Taman Bukit Serdang, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia
Swift Code: HLBBMYKL
- Cash Payment to organizer representative. Please contact +6011 11844184
- Pay with Paypal to account: email@example.com
- Pay with credit card
Course fee including deposit paid for registration is non-refundable but transferable and it is valid for two year from the actual course date. Students are required to pay a deposit to secure their space, the balance of the payment should be paid by the first day of training. Please note that we do not give refunds, so it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully insured against any unforeseen circumstances that either prevent you from attending the course, or that require you to leave the course early.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Am I Qualified to join the course?
This course is suitable for all dedicated students, aspiring yoga teachers and current teachers seeking certification. This program is demanding, both emotionally and physically, so commitment, determination and good health are basic requisites. Students must be prepared to make personal sacrifices in order to achieve 100% course attendance. It is recommended that students seeking teacher certification should:
• At least 16 years old.
• Have a minimum 6 months of yoga practice experience, any style
• Have a passion to learn and explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
• Be free of major injuries (please inform of minor but recurring injuries in advance)
• Be fully committed to 100% attendance
• Be able to forget most of their personal and professional commitments during the course
Q: I don’t want to be a teacher, can I still take the training?
No problem! Our 200-hour training is ideal for those who want to delve deeper into the study of yoga, and to improve their own practice. It’s also great for students who simply want to have a transformational experience and to be a part of our thriving Yoga Community.
Q: Are the trainings physically difficult?
Our style of yoga is about developing ease and enjoyment in the body. We strongly disagree with any yoga practice that pushes students to their physical limits. Most students find the training moderately difficult physically.
Q: What are the preparation for attending?
We require that you have a minimum of 6 months of a consistent yoga practice before enrolling in our teacher training program. We want to make sure that trainees have a basic foundation in the primary yoga postures before learning how to teach. If it appears that you do not have the necessary foundation, we will kindly ask you to defer your training until you have this experience.
Q: Are there age restrictions for the trainings?
You must be at least 16 years old to take the training. There is no maximum age.
Q: How is the progression of the training?
The training will progress from basic to advance, from traditional to modern yoga, from dynamic movement to static and silence practice, from Yang to Yin style, we cover all aspect of yoga. You will also learn yoga philosophy, anatomy, teaching methodology, theory and technique.
Q: I have an injury/ special condition, can I take this course?
We recommend that you check with your physician first and must sign a waiver stating that you are able to take the class. With your doctor’s permission and release, minor physical limitations can also serve as helpful demonstrations to learn to work with students with similar limitations.
Q: Can I take this training if I am pregnant?
We have had many pregnant students in our programs. It all depends on how you are feeling. All students should first check with their doctor to make sure they are clear to take this training.
Q: What are the graduation requirement?
In order to graduate the program you must be paid in full and fulfill the following requirements:
• Attendance of in-class teacher training sessions
• Successful completion of homework, quizzes, in-class and take-home final exams (don’t worry, you will be will prepared!)
• Participation in a final in-class practice teaching practicum
• Completion of class taking requirement
Q: is there any exam ? if yes, what is the exam fees is that included part of the training?
Yes, it will be open book exam. The homework assignment is part of the exam. Practical assessment will be held on the last week of training. You don’t have to pay anything for the exam. It’s include in the training fee.
Q: What if, I’ve missed some classes during the training?
Yoga Alliance requires that you complete all 200 hours of the teacher training. However, we understand that sometimes conflicts come up, and we have developed the make-up policy listed below. Please note that you can miss a maximum of 30 training hours, and you will have one year from the last day of your program to complete your attendance requirements. If you miss more than 30 hours or do not complete your make up hours within one year, you will receive a not passing status and will be required to pay in full to retake the training. You have the following two options for making up your missed time:
Option 1: Schedule a private session with your trainer at some point during the program. The cost of a private session is MYR150 per hour:
• 1 hour private = 1-5 hours of missed time
• 2 hour private = 6-10 hours of missed time
• 3 hour private = 11-15 hours of missed time
Please note: Only two sessions of private instruction, regardless of hours, are allowable and are subject to trainer availability. The remainder of your missed time will need to be made up in a future training (see Make Up option 2 below). Private make up sessions are only an option during your current training and are not an option once the program is complete.
Option 2: You can attend the days you missed in an upcoming training, free of additional class training charge. You have one year from your program end date to complete your make up classes. If the training is sold out, you will need to wait for a future training with space available to complete your make up(s).
Q: How much time should I expect to spend on the homework assignment?
Expect to spend between 3-4 hours a week on homework. The homework is designed to support the material covered in class and help you integrate what is presented into your own practice and teaching. If you are not planning on teaching after this course, you may choose not to complete all of the homework assignments and take the course for non-credit. However, if you wish to receive your Diploma and Letter of Completion for the course, you must attend all the sessions and complete all the homework assignments.
Q: How many students in one training course?
We typically have small group 10-15 individuals in our trainings.
Q: What is the Yoga Alliance?
Yoga Alliance is an organization that was started in 1999 as a way to create nationally recognized standards for yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainings in the world. More and more yoga studios across the country are requiring their teachers to register with the Yoga Alliance, either at the 200-Hour or 500-Hour level. Yoga Alliance registration, however, is not a legal requirement for teaching yoga. Currently, there are no legal certification requirements to be a yoga teacher. The Yogavatar®Trainings are approved at the Yoga Alliance 200-Hour level in Malaysia. Yogavatar® trainings have a 5 Star Yoga Alliance rating based on past training participants.
Q: Is Yogavatar® Teacher Training Qualification recognized around the world?
Yes! Yogavatar® Teacher Training is globally recognized and respected. Our students come from all over the world to take our training and to bring the knowledge back home to their own communities. However, it is always prudent to check in your country if there are any specific requirements.
Q: Will I be qualified to teach yoga once I complete the 200-hour training?
Yes! With the successful completion of all the requirements of the program, including contact hours, homework, and exam, you will receive your Certificate of completion evidencing your training at the 200-Hour Level. You may also register with the Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org) at the RYT-200 level (Registered Yoga Teacher 200). Graduates of the 200-Hour program usually begin teaching in small studios, gyms, with private clientele (friends and family), etc.
Q: Do you help organize accommodation for travelling students?
If you are looking for accommodation at EQ Kuala Lumpur five stars hotel, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a special room rate. The organizer may assist with answering queries relating to accommodation arrangements but does not take responsibility for suggestions given, etc. Air BnB (http://airbnb.com/) are great sources for finding short-term housing.
Q: Do you offer instalment payment plans?
Yes, training can be broken into payments of as little as MYR1,600 / month.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A MYR1,600 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a spot. If for some reason you cannot attend the training, you can apply your deposit to a training in a later month.
Q: What if I have already done the 200 hr training?
No problem, you are welcome to join. It’s a great way to reinvigorate your practice.
- >>> CLICK TO VIEW MORE TRAINING PHOTOS
- >>> CLICK TO VIEW YOGAVATAR ON YOGA ALLIANCE
- >>> CLICK TO VIEW YOGAVATAR CERTIFIED
- >>> CLICK TO VIEW TESTIMONIAL
- Organizer: www.iSpirit.asia
- Training Provider: YOGAVATAR® New Age Yoga
- Inquiries email: iSpirit.email@example.com
- Inquires contact: +6011 11844184 (call) or +6012 3037022 (whatsapp)