Have you ever had such a question during your yoga practice, what is the correct way to maximise my hamstrings stretch? How to stretch my muscle effectively? Come join us for Yoga Mechanics with Michelle Lam the renowned Physiotherapist and Yoga Anatomy Trainer at ISPIRIT ASIA Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, you will get unexpected surprises!
Muscle focus Asana practice to maximise muscle elongation!
In yoga practice, there are so many ways to do a standing forward bend, what is the correct way to maximise my hamstrings stretch? What about pigeon? What is the difference between a King pigeon and a Sleeping pigeon in terms of gluteal stretch?
What’s in This Workshop?
This 4-day workshop contains lectures, demonstrations, Q&A, practical practices, and unique anatomical analysis. In the workshop, we will discuss the best alignment in each of the Asana to maximise muscle elongation. Clinic lab will be included where students will experiment on different ways to do various Asana and the impact on corresponding muscle alignment and flexibility effectiveness. The workshops will focus on different body parts to facilitate learning and understanding.
- Hamstrings and piriformis
- Gluteals and hip flexors
- Calfs and inner thighs
- Upper body and lower back
Who is Suitable for This Workshop?
- This workshop is open to everyone who’s interested in discovering the benefits of stretching in yoga posture.
- This workshop is perfect for non-medical professionals who want to learn anatomy and physiology to pursue a field in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industries.
- Yoga practitioners
- Yoga teachers
- Fitness Trainer
- Fitness enthusiast
- Healthcare worker
- Wellness therapists
Participants are required to have taken the Fundamental of Human Anatomy & Physiology Online Course
Students will receive an official certificate of completion upon completion of the course. The certificate is eligible for 24 hours credit on Yoga Alliance Continuing Education YACE under the Anatomy and Physiology subject.
Michelle Lam is a physiotherapist and the Yoga Anatomy celebrity of the South East Asia! Since 2006 she has been a busy and high success master educator and entertainer on the bio-mechanics of the body, the body in Asana, injury prevention, and life practices. Being a yoga practitioner herself, Michelle’s presentation is fun, informative, and easy to apply to Yoga practice and teaching. You will learn practical tips to move in and out of the asana effectively; participants shall leave the workshop with greater body awareness, better understanding of how the body works, enhanced skills to deepen the poses without injuries and have greater appreciation of the asana types understudied
No refund or credit will be given for cancellation within 30 days before the start of the event. Non-refundable but transferable. All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
Participants have to make their own accommodation arrangements. The organizer may assist with answering queries relating to accommodation arrangements but does not take responsibility for suggestions given, etc. Participants are requested to make appropriate enquiries and then take decisions in this regard. >>> Click to view accommodation list
- Organizer: www.ispirit.asia
- Training Provider: happy-anatomy.com
- Partner: YOGAVATAR® New Age Yoga
- Trainer: Michelle Lam
- Language: English
- Date: 20-23 June 2019 (Thursday to Sunday | 4 days)
- Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Duration: 24 hours
- Venue: ISPIRIT ASIA (ONE SOUTH): B-5-12, One South Street Mall, Taman Serdang Perdana, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia (View Map)
- Inquiries email: iSpirit.email@example.com
- Inquires contact: +6011 11844184 (call) or +6012 3037022 (whatsapp)
- Price: MYR 1,440 Limited Time Offer! Normal Price MYR 1,920