FIONA YAP CHOY HAH (Yogavatar ID# 1512-003) has successfully completed YOGAVATAR 200-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING from 23 November to 19 December 2015 in Kuala Lumpur MALAYSIA. In accordance with the standards of YOGA ALLIANCE. Certified on 19 December 2015. Find out more at www.ispirit.asia
She started her yoga journey in 2008, and thinking it was only a form of physical activity. It didn’t take long for her to fall in love with yoga and she still practices on a daily basis. Integrating yoga practice into her daily life besides strengthening her physical body, it’s also free her my mind, improves her temper and softens her heart into peace and live in harmony.
She views life as dynamic and the key is to stay flexible and adaptable. For her, mental and physical flexibility begin on her yoga mat and every class she practices. Her yoga practice mainly focus on Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Hot Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga to name a few. Her favourite is Traditional Ashtanga Yoga which give her the integrity and purity of yoga.
With her devoted friends and practitioners, she had attended some workshops and festival to gain more experience and knowledge to deepen her inner-self with yoga such as :-
- Bali Spirit Festival, Indonesia
- The Power of Ashtanga Yoga : 3 Days Immersion by Kino Macgregor , Singapore.
- 1 Week Intensive Yoga Training Course, Shiva Yoga Valley Affiliated by World Yoga Alliance, Rishikesh, India
- Malaysia Urban Retreat Yoga Festival , Kuala Lumpur
- Kinetic Yoga Flow – The Art of Sequencing , Kuala Lumpur
- Xiamen Yonion Yoga Festival, China.
In December 2015, she had completed a 200Hrs Yogavater New Age Yoga Teacher Training by Ispirit.asia where she had overcome all barriers, paths and aims towards yoga.
With her commitment in practicing yoga, she had been selected to represent Myoga Fitness Centre to perform yoga for their events :-
- 2012 – DKNY Pure Yoga Performance, Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur (photo attached)
- 2014 – Myoga Cheras Branch Official Opening (photo attached)
At the 2015 Xiamen Yonion Yoga Festival, she had been given the opportunity to shared the stage and be an assistant to Ms Jaclyn, the instructor to the three (3) workshops (backbends/inversion/pranayama) to perform demonstration on her behalf (photo attached).
Lastly, she considers teaching to be an extension of personal practice and is willing to share her love of yoga with others.