Welcome to this brand new Happy Therapeutic Series! Consisting of 4 commonly seen conditions: Scoliosis, Flat Feet and other common foot problems, Frozen Shoulder, Poor posture (Kyphosis lordosis, Sway back, Flat back). Join us for 4 days workshop on 11 to 14 January 2018 at iSpirit Asia Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Brought to you by registered physiotherapist and Yoga Anatomy teacher Michelle Lam.
- Title: Yoga Anatomy Workshop HAPPY THERAPEUTIC SERIES With Michelle Lam
- Date: 11 to 14 January 2018 (Thursday to Sunday)
- Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Venue: ISPIRIT ASIA (ONE SOUTH): B-5-12, One South Street Mall, Taman Serdang Perdana, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia (View Map)
- Organizer: www.iSpirit.asia
- Partner: Yogavatar New Age Yoga
- Inquiries email: iSpirit.email@example.com
- Inquires contact: +6011 1184 4184 (call only) or +6012 3037022 (call and whatsapp)
- Event Category: Yoga Anatomy Workshop
- Language: English
- Presenter: Michelle Lam
- Duration: 4 days, 6 hours each day
- Level: All levels
- Contents: Practice & Theory
- Certification: Students will receive official certificate of attendance from iSpirit Asia upon completion of the sessions.
This brand new series focus on how Yoga poses can help to reduce their severity and what precautions or modifications need to be made for specific asanas. Participants will also understand why certain Yoga poses will be more difficult to do for specific conditions.
Each workshop consists of :
- Detail anatomy of the condition
- Analysis of possible causes and consequences
- Assessment of participants’ conditions
- How to observe one another
- Discussion of which Yoga poses can help to reduce the conditions
- Precautions or modifications required when doing Yoga
- 11 Jan 2018: Scoliosis
- 12 Jan 2018: Flat Feet and other common foot problems
- 13 Jan 2018: Frozen Shoulder
- 14 Jan 2018: Poor posture (Kyphosis lordosis, Sway back, Flat back)
WHAT TO BRING
*sports tapes (can get from pharmacy)
*straps (if you don’t have, it’s ok, we will provide)
*water soluble marker (eg. artline 500)
ABOUT MICHELLE LAM
Michelle Lam is a physiotherapist and is one of the most sought out Yoga Anatomy teachers in South East Asia. Being a yoga practitioner herself, Michelle’s presentation is fun, informative, and easy to apply to Yoga practice and teaching. You will learn practical tips to move in and out of the asana effectively; participants shall leave the workshop with greater body awareness, better understanding of how the body works, enhanced skills to deepen the poses without injuries and have greater appreciation of the asana types understudied.
[quote]This year at a YTT (Yoga Teacher Training) during the week dedicated to the anatomy, I met Michelle Lam a physiotherapist truly exceptional, funny and friendly. Very professionally prepared she was able with her lessons,to explain us in details a subject so complex concerning anatomy. She used practical examples performed on us (especially to those who had particular problems, or had had them) making the arguments so much easier to understand. I hope and I suggest to invite again a so good teacher, in future courses, so to continue the study with her. With to you I have learned many interesting things about the secrets of our body. Thank you very much Michelle ! ~Paola Lucia Grechi[/quote] [quote]I met Michelle in my recent yoga teacher training in Vikasa. She was the anatomy teacher for the course. Michelle is very fun, lively and yet also firm in passing on her knowledge to her students. Her voice is the first thing that caught my attention. She spoke so clearly that her knowledge and expertise were passed on to me substantially. Her classes are also very lively with a lot of demonstration, participation, and guided interactions amongst students in order for us to deeply understand human anatomy as applied in yoga practice. At the same time, this promoted a closer bond between the students in the course. I felt so lucky to learn from Michelle. Her knowledge has brought significant awareness and changes in my practice as well as in my journey of teaching yoga. Thank you so much! Namaste 🙂 ~ Sam Hah[/quote] [quote] I have participated in two Yoga Teacher Trainings (200 hour and 500 hour) with Michelle instructing the anatomy curriculum. Although I have participated in other anatomy workshops, I am always impressed by the huge amount of knowledge Michelle imparts in the period of time that she is given. There is no padding to fill in time and all her information is communicated succinctly and clearly. Armed with marker pens and her sense of humour, she takes her students on a voyage of discovery with their own bodies and others. Being a physiotherapist and physical therapist, Michelle has the comprehensive knowledge regarding anatomical issues. She has the communication skills to relay the information in an accurate but entertaining way. She educates her students to look for anatomical concerns in themselves and their students and offers ways to assist in working with and/or remedying those concerns. If a student applies him/herself with full attention to Michelle’s classes, he/she will walk away with a very comprehensive understanding of simple and complex human anatomy and its application to yoga. I have also on a number of occasions attended Michelle’s clinic as a patient and sent students to her to address non-yoga related injuries. Her communication regarding her treatments has always been very clear and succinct. This has then assisted me in building an appropriate practice for those students. I am fortunate in my journey in yoga to have been taught by Michelle Lam. The knowledge she has imparted so succinctly has assisted me in teaching students with injuries and anatomical variations. She has also taught me how to keep a keen eye on all my students to prevent yoga injuries through unsafe asana practice. Thanks Michelle! ~Kerill Ezzy [/quote] [quote]I found the overall training to be very informative and useful. I especially liked the anatomy classes, Michelle was easy to understand and I felt that I could absorb the information. I really enjoyed this workshop. Thanks for organizing this! And a big thank you for the excellent workshop. ~ Anonymous[/quote]
FEES & PAYMENT
- 4 days Workshop: MYR1600 (regular price) / MYR1280 (Early Bird ends 30 November 2017)
- 3 days Workshop: MYR1200 (regular price) / MYR960 (Early Bird ends 30 November 2017)
- 2 days Workshop: MYR800 (regular price) / MYR640 (Early Bird ends 30 November 2017)
- 1 day Workshop: MYR400 (regular price) / MYR320 (Early Bird ends 30 November 2017)
- Additional 10% discount for Yogavatar Teacher Training Students and graduates (Coupon Code required)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Photos and video may be taken from time to time on our premises by iSpirit.asia employees, solely for iSpirit.asia marketing purposes.
- No refund or credit will be issued for cancellation 3 weeks before the event.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
Participants have to make their own accommodation arrangements. The organizer may assist with answering queries relating to accommodation arrangements but does not take responsibility for suggestions given, etc. Students are requested to make appropriate enquiries and then take decisions in this regard.
This is the accommodation list https://www.ispirit.asia/accommodation/
METHOD 1: Pay with Bank Transfer
- You can register by sending an email with a subject “Happy Therapeutic Series with Michelle Lam” to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email please provide us your Full Name, Contact Number, and Email Address.
- Bank in the fee to Hong Leong Bank 24300006463 ISPIRIT ASIA
- After that, please email the proof of bank transaction, we will send you a training ticket after we have receiving the payment.
METHOD 2: Register & Pay Online Now
- Please use the following registration. You can then make payment by PayPal or Credit Card or Debit Card directly.
- You will receive an email from “Evnetbrite” immediately after registration. The ticket will be attached in the email.
- If you do not receive any email, please contact us at +6011-1184-4184 or +6012-303-7022