30 March – 27 April 2014
13 July – 10 August 2014
9 November – 7 December 2014
Style of yoga taught: Vikasa yoga
Series: 200hrs Yoga Alliance
Location: Vikasa Yoga Koh Samui, Thailand
If yoga is your passion, maybe now is the time to grow from student to teacher.
- Vikasa is a certified yoga school, hundreds of students successfully pass intensive teacher training courses each year to receive a globally recognized 200 hours Yoga Alliance certificate.
- Our inspiring yoga teacher training is run by a group of outstanding and leading professional yoga teachers, and will satisfy even the most demanding and inquisitive mind.
- Our beautiful open-air and ocean front yoga salas offer a serene setting with soothing sounds of the ocean.
- You’ll make a new network of peers, mentors, and friends that will open up opportunities and new experiences.
- You’ll transform yourself to be a person that is easier to be happy, harder to be upset, and all around wiser and healthier. Teacher training allows the student to become immersed in anatomical demonstrations and philosophical lessons. You’ll also be getting lots of hands on experience teaching and assisting your fellow classmates as we compassionately guide you to be the best you can be.
- This course is appropriate for all levels – including beginners! We believe that everyone is a yogi, and that means you. You don’t need to be flexible or thin, or have the “right” clothes. You don’t need to know ancient Sanskrit or burn incense in your home. All you need to do is show up with an open mind and do your best. You will transform your body, mind and life with this course, just as we did.
Vikasa provides an inspiring yoga environment created by Konstantin Miachin.
- Vikasa is set in a spectacular hilltop environment which gives you breathtaking sea-views throughout the resort, be it from the yoga salas, the rooms, the infinity pool or the restaurant.
- The center of evolution is Konstantin Miachin, a yoga innovator who created the challenging and ever-evolving Vikasa style. His practice and teachings have brought him to all corners of the world. Vikasa yoga center is dedicated to the study of yoga, holistic health and consciousness evolution.
- Our restaurant has found its own formula to combine healthy ingredients with pure indulgence. Enjoy the evolution of healthy food from our famous sea-view terrace, served by our friendly staff.
- Vikasa yoga retreat is located on Koh Samui island, a tropical dream destination in Thailand, the land of smiles. Located on the most beautiful part of Koh Samui, situated on the rocks, between Chaweng and Lamai. Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world to travel in, especially for young women looking for a yoga teacher training course.
[quote]More than yoga, we offer you inspiration and transformation Vikasa – evolution of yoga.[/quote]
[toggle title_open=”VIKASA STYLE” title_closed=”VIKASA STYLE” hide=”yes” border=”yes” style=”default” excerpt_length=”0″ read_more_text=”Read More” read_less_text=”Read Less” include_excerpt_html=”no”]
Vikasa means evolution, or spiritual development, when translated from Sanskrit. The concept of “evolution of yoga” is based on the notion that everything in the world evolves constantly, including human beings. Our primary goal as a human race and that of any living organism is evolution, and yoga can be seen as a tool to facilitate such evolution in any given individual. However, as the practice of yoga itself changes with time and place, as new techniques are being introduced, as the approach is becoming more technical, precise and scientific – any definition of it as a system or style seems to be a limitation in itself. Therefore, the “Evolution of Yoga” approach has to be seen as an ever evolving process, which anyone can be a part of, rather than a complete static system. “Evolution of Yoga” approach is based on integrating deep core work with precise alignment, combining active dynamic exercises from different disciplines with static poses from classic hatha yoga schools, alternating dynamic and static, pressure and deep relaxation, therefore exploring ha-tha or the yin and yang concept to its maximum potential, using the principle of hyper compensation. Evolution of Yoga is about challenging yourself with an ever progressing program in order to transform, optimize and balance to fine-tune your system. Core bodywork is integrated with precision breathing, through which the highest states of concentration can be experienced. As the students get more familiar with the bodywork, pranayama or breathing exercises are introduced to take the practitioner to the next level. This ultimately leads to meditation and expansion of consciousness, or – evolution!
[toggle title_open=”TRAINING CURRICULUM” title_closed=”TRAINING CURRICULUM” hide=”yes” border=”yes” style=”default” excerpt_length=”0″ read_more_text=”Read More” read_less_text=”Read Less” include_excerpt_html=”no”]
Teaching Methodology Module
Have you ever been to a yoga class that is not just good, but awesome? Do you want to become one of those teachers? Then the information from this course will come in handy! The teaching methodology module runs throughout the course, and is the main practical hands-on module of the training.
Here you will learn:
- Fundamentals of Hasta and Pada Bandha, Intro to Sun Salutations A, Basic Standing and Balancing Practice
- Intro to Sun Salutation B, Twisting Standing and Balancing Variation
- Preparation and Fundamentals of Back Bending
- Fundamentals of Core Strength and Developing Joint Stability concept of “Seating” the joint before deep stretched
- Intro to “Advanced” Sun Salutations and Inversions (Handstand and Headstand)
- Preparation and Deep Back Bends
- Hip Class, Alignment of Pelvis and Rotation of Hips
- Shoulder Class, Alignment of Shoulder Girdle
- Arm Balancing
- Combination of Different types of Asana, Interesting Transitions
- How to make a Complete Practice
- Continue development of complete practice Vinyasa, Asana, and Pranayama
- Practice and Refinement continue
- What is Yoga? Yoga as resonant personal discovery and improvement of life identity
- The Structure of Yoga Practice – Raja Yoga – Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- What is a Yoga Teacher? Various degrees of devotion and true living
- The Koshas – Illusory Aspects of the Self
- System of Chakras and How to practice awareness of chakras
- Use of Voice in Teaching, Connecting with others to open to receive and give living lessons
- Teaching Yoga; Demonstration, Movement throughout class, trance induction
Philosophy and spirit of yoga module This portion of the course is going to reveal more than you ever even thought there was to Yoga! You’re understanding of why, how, and what we call Yoga will be amplified. Ram will be teaching you the most important and relevant ancient texts of India that show the bigger spiritual picture of Yoga and how to live in it. Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras will be examined carefully as this masterpiece provides a clear view into the nature of Mind, self-discipline, and the path to Enlightenment. The Bhagavad Gita will be studied as a means for understanding Dhamma, or our sacred duty in the world. Sanskrit, the language of Yoga, will be explored as you hear and recite different mantras and sutras which invoke the wisdom of sages and the empowering vibrations of the Sanskrit alphabet. This bridge of spoken Sanskrit will lead you into energetic practices, really experiencing what the ancient Yogis of India have blessedly passed down to us. Pranayama, methods of controlling and moving energy, will be taught and practiced regularly, as well as group singing in the Kirtan. Pranayama can greatly increase the power of our discipline and our bodies. The Kirtan experience helps us dissolve into the heart of the human spirit, singing together as one group, no thoughts, just our voices and the music.
Marketing and business of yoga module
Are you a kind, good hearted and open minded person, but sometimes intimidated by all the competition out there? I also had all these doubts when I started out… This portion of the course will teach you how to work less, and earn more. We will teach you how to network, create useful contacts, present yourself and market yourself as a teacher or future studio owner. We will give you tips on how to create teacher bios, workshop descriptions and how to get your first yoga job, or get a better job if you are already teaching an occasional class. We will teach you about pricing and marketing, and about how to grow into teaching workshops, retreats and international events! We will give you all the info you need to present yourself to the world in the appropriate manner to follow your dreams and reach your goals. We did it, so can You!!!
Yoga in action module
This program is about embarking on a journey of self-inquiry, with the support of a like-minded group, that leads to action within our community and outside world. “Action” can be many things, ranging from healing relationships with family and friends, to extending oneself to the larger community, or doing national or international work. The main intention is to understand the nature of our interdependence and our unique role in the web of life: to feel significant and as a part of this greater whole. This is the embodiment of Karma Yoga and also Dhamma, or self-less service and the fulfilling of your duty in this life. During this week, you will be guided through an intensive transformational process using vinyasa flow yoga and other tools to uncover your deepest passions and motivation. We will combine yoga asanas, meditation and visualization, experiential exercises, process work and ritual with the practical tools of communication, organizing, and collaborating with your peers. We will also introduce practical methods for each of you to begin to bring your own unique purpose into the world as action with the support and inspiration of your community. You’ll leave with a clearer sense of purpose and passion, armed with skills to help you be a more effective leader and agent of change in the world.
Konstantin Miachin – course director, founder of Vikasa Yoga (Teaching methodology and practice, Marketing and Business)
Konstantin is an international yoga teacher and founder of Vikasa Yoga studio based in Koh Samui, Thailand. He has been passionately learning, practicing, and teaching Yoga for over six years, and his passion has lead him to search out his own personal development throughout the world. This quest has brought him into contact with many different schools and masters all over the world, in places such as Rishi-kesh, Uttar Kashi, Gangotri, Kerala, Goa, Canada, Thailand, Hong Kong and Ukraine to name a few. He has completed teacher trainings in three different disciplines, including Ashtanga Vinyasa, Yoga 23 (by master Andrei Siderski) and Sivananda. Such an overwhelming wealth of knowledge has led to a deeper understanding of yoga practice as an ever evolving process – rather than a finalized system, as a tool for evolution of a human being – rather than a goal in itself. Hence, the concept of “Evolution of Yoga” was born. The concept of “evolution of yoga” is based on the notion that everything in the world evolves constantly, including human beings. Our primary goal as a human race and that of any living organism is evolution, and yoga can be seen as a tool to facilitate such evolution in any given individual. However, as the practice of yoga itself changes with time and place, as new techniques are being introduced, the approach is becoming more technical, precise and scientific, any definition of it as a system or style seems to be a limitation in itself. Therefore, the “Evolution of Yoga” approach has to be seen as an ever-evolving process, based on classical hatha yoga techniques, which anyone can be a part of, rather than a complete static system.
George Anthony, USA (Practice, Methodology), Supporting Teacher
George has been actualizing a life inspired by Yoga for over five years now. In the beginning, and to the present, Yoga has shown him that life is about the quality of our present experience. For the last three years he has been teaching integrated Yoga practices from many teachers and styles with a little something extra… through a penchant for profound yet simple observances, he reminds us of the vastness of the infinite possibilities, each contained within this present moment. These Zen koan like anecdotes cultivate a practice opened up to discoveries and evolution within the planes of experience. Since becoming a certified teacher he has facilitated practitioners while teaching at detox retreats, conducting workshops and scheduled classes in USA, Thailand, and Vietnam, as well as teaching bilingual Yoga teacher courses. He has also worked extensively with students privately, one on one, creating practices that provide personal challenge, encouragement, and humor. Taking inspiration from nature, music, performance arts, Taoism, and Tai chi, to name a few influences, his classes are often described as organic, flowing, and demanding, yet… meditative… all while developing the experience of limitless human-being.
Acharya Ram Vakkalanka, Canada (Philosophy and Spirit of Yoga Module) ***March/April 2014***
Acharya Ram Vakkalanka is a Yoga philosopher, Kirtan leader, Sanskrit expert, Meditation instructor and Sitar artist. He has studied Sanskrit, Yoga philosophy, and music since early childhood and has extensive knowledge of many ancient texts, including the Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gita, and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Ram is known for his impressive ability to teach even the most intricate texts of Yoga in an easily understandable manner, using modern presentation tools and current examples, making the learning experience enlightening and fun at the same time. Ram’s core values are ‘authentic tradition’ and ‘modern presentation’ in all areas of endeavor. Ram also conducts highly energizing call-and-response Kirtan sessions which awaken an awareness of the subtle bodies and activate self healing. Besides teaching our Philosophy and Spirit of Yoga module we are delighted to have Ram joining us for the duration of the course lending his experience and knowledge to all of us!
Swami Tattvarupananda Saraswati (Philosophy and Spirit of Yoga Module) ***July/August 2014 and November/December 2014***
Swami Tattvarupananda Saraswati was born & raised in Kerala’s culture capital, Trichur, India. As a spiritual seeker from a young age, he was fortunate to have met many different masters of repute. At the age of 18 he studied Sanskrit at the Narayana ashrama, Tapaovanam, in Trichur, which later facilitated his Vedantic studies. Keen to live life as a Yogi, Swamiji set off for the Himalayas in search of a master & underwent rigorous spiritual practices in the company of many Himalayan spiritual masters. Swamiji has devoted himself to the cause of under privileged children, founding the JJK Gurukulam orphanage in Trivandrum, Kerala, India. Here children of dysfunctional or under privileged families are provided with shelter, food & clothing and are given traditional & academic education, giving them the opportunity to grow into responsible human beings. Swamiji is a master storyteller. He has a simple, humorous and direct way of teaching, which is much acclaimed all over the world. Nobody can miss the truth when it is unfolded traditionally and teachers from traditional lineages are rare. Swamiji is currently engaged in teaching scriptures at different locations for Sivananda Yoga Vidya Peetham in India, centres of Haus Yoga Vidya in Germany and for different spiritual groups in France, Denmark, the Czech Republic and in Japan. Dr. Karen Kow,
Michelle Lam, Hong Kong (Anatomy and Physiology)
Michelle Lam is a registered Physiotherapist both in Hong Kong and Australia. She obtained her Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honors) in the University of Melbourne. Being a private Physiotherapist, specializing in sports rehabilitation for over ten years now, she has developed an amazing talent for giving her clients exactly what they need to recover faster and while teaching them how to avoid future injury. Her prowess in anatomical knowledge and refined understanding of movement extends itself to lectures for Yoga students learning to practice and teach Asana. Her extremely hands on approach makes her lectures easy to listen to and understand as you see the poses, see the muscle engage and relax, and see as your fellow students demonstrate.
[toggle title_open=”DAILY SCHEDULE” title_closed=”DAILY SCHEDULE” hide=”yes” border=”yes” style=”default” excerpt_length=”0″ read_more_text=”Read More” read_less_text=”Read Less” include_excerpt_html=”no”]
What will your day be like:
08:00 am – 10:20 am: Asana and Pranayama practice
10:30 am – 11:30 am: Brunch: Fresh fruits, juices, eggs, toasts, porridge, muesli, salads and more
12:00 pm – 02:00 pm: Theory Methodology
04:30 pm – 07:15 pm: Practice
07:15 pm – 08:15 pm: Dinner
* 1 day off per week (Saturday)
[toggle title_open=”LOCATION” title_closed=”LOCATION” hide=”yes” border=”yes” style=”default” excerpt_length=”0″ read_more_text=”Read More” read_less_text=”Read Less” include_excerpt_html=”no”]
Vikasa Yoga Retreat on Koh Samui, Thailand is a boutique yoga resort and organic restaurant. Vikasa offers an inspiring yoga environment created by Konstantin Miachin. Experience the Vikasa lifestyle and feel the transformation to your daily life.
[toggle title_open=”PRICES” title_closed=”PRICES” hide=”yes” border=”yes” style=”default” excerpt_length=”0″ read_more_text=”Read More” read_less_text=”Read Less” include_excerpt_html=”no”]
- Tuition fees for entire course
- Vikasa training materials
- Meal plan (healthy buffet with vegetar , Thai and international dishes )
- Airport transfers (Koh Samui airport)
- Resort facilities (Free WIFI, infinity pool, SPA, lounge)
- Vikasa certificate 200 hrs Yoga Alliance accredited
Students can secure a space in the teacher training by paying a $500 deposit. The balance due should be paid 6 weeks before the beginning of the course. Students pay by Credit Card, Transfer to bank or by PayPal.
Accommodation options with total price:
- OCEAN ROOM: 1400 US$ (shared room 700$): King size bed, air conditioning, spacious en suite bathroom with hot running water and shower, electricity 220 V, refrigerator and balcony/terrace.
- SINGLE SEA VIEW: 800 US$: Twin size bed, sea view, shared community bathroom with hot running water and showers, air conditioning, electricity 220 V *Please note-panoramic rooms have shared bathrooms*
- ZEN BUNGALOW: 600 US$: Very zen and natural bamboo constructed private bungalow, electricity 220 V, private bathroom with hot running water and shower, mosquito net, fan cooled. *Please note-bungalows do not have air conditioning*
- Register before February, 1st 2014 and receive a 500$ discount!
[toggle title_open=”WHAT YOU GET” title_closed=”WHAT YOU GET” hide=”yes” border=”yes” style=”default” excerpt_length=”0″ read_more_text=”Read More” read_less_text=”Read Less” include_excerpt_html=”no”]
- Do you love yoga?
- Would you like to take your practice to the next level?
- Would you like to have a freedom of choice?
- Are you ready to set yourself free?
- Do you want to be a yoga teacher?
If you answered, “yes” to any of these questions, then you are ready to go deeper into your practice and experience of Yoga. You could try to set aside more time for normal classes, or your personal practice, but… when you realize you can just come and learn from master teachers in a setting where you can just study, practice, and live Yoga, without any distractions, you’ll know you’re going to be on the fast path to a brighter you. Our comprehensive course is all about providing this opportunity for you. We bring all the ancient wisdom to light in a way that is fresh and applicable to the modern time and lifestyle. Our team of teachers will make sure your understanding and practice of Yoga is clearer and more powerful than ever and you’ll feel and see how life begins to change from the inside out, to become more beautiful, peaceful, and happy. We will give you the retreat you need to go deeper into this space of transformation while still providing convenience and all the modern amenities. Could it get any better as you picture it happening on a lush tropical island with white sand beaches, crystal-clear blue seas, gorgeous green jungles? Not to mention, there is also the pleasant experience of the local Thai culture, agreed to be one of the most beautiful and amiable in the world. This is our Yoga Teacher Training in Koh Samui, Thailand, an awe-inspiring get away in South East Asia, agreed by many to have an energy that magnifies your intentions. Whether it be a relaxing vacation, an exhilarating adventure, or a life changing Yoga journey that has the best of both, this is the place. When you join our course you will become a part of a group of peers and teachers who are driven to improve the quality of living in the world today.
Find out more at http://www.evolutionofyoga.com/yoga-teacher-training-thailand/
[button link=”http://www.evolutionofyoga.com/yoga-teacher-training-thailand/” window=”yes”]Register Now[/button]